The coming season

I have invited a Notts, Surrey, Durham & Northants fan to tell me how they think their teams will get on this season. I await their replies.

Until then my take on YCCC this forthcoming season. I don't see us as favourites this year, other clubs have invested more into their squads in an attempt to win the county crown. I'm happy with the signings of Pujara & Williamson as our overseas players. The IPL auction worked in the county's favour as none of the 5 players put forward had any success. As there's a relatively decent gap between between games involving Team England then we should be operating at full strength for our fixtures in April & May. Hopefully the ECB will see that Joe Root needs to get some red ball cricket under his belt. A particular key to the season is does David Willey have any ambition to improve his first class career. He would certainly offer a different look to our attack. Let's not forget initially Willey was brought in as a replacement for Sidey. My biggest concern is the lack of a spinner, the club have said no replacement will be brought in for Rashid. Does this mean that Martin Moxon & Andrew Gale believe Karl Carver is about to step up to the plate ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CB Fry

This weeks thoughts